Your Thai partner is not legally allowed to secure some sort of work while in Australia. For this purpose, she needs to secure an Australian Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 462), as the country of Thailand is one of the few that is allowed by the Australian government to have workers applying for various jobs in Australia.
These Are Basic Work Requirements for Your Thai Fiancee In Australia
1. Aged 18 to 30 years on the date of application
2. Have a Thai passport
3. Have a letter of support from the Thailand government – original letter of approval from the Office of Welfare Promotion, Protection and Empowerment of Vulnerable Groups in Bangkok.
4. Not be accompanied by dependent children
5. Not have previously entered Australia on Work and Holiday visa
6. Hold a degree or post high school diploma from an accredited institution.
7. Be Competent in English
8. Pass the health requirements
9. Pass the character requirements
What is the validity of the Work Holiday Visa?
Once the Australia working visa is granted, the holder must enter the country within 3 months so that the visa gets activated. Failure to do so may result in visa expiration and you need to reapply for a new visa to go to Australia under the Holiday and Work Program. Your Thai girlfriend can travel and work in Australia for up to 12 months.
What are the conditions of the Visa?
• You can only work up to 6 months for one employer.
• The work limitation applies to full-time or part-time employment.
• You must not study or train for more than 4 months.
• If you obtain a new passport, you must advise the department of the new details as soon as possible.
Working after marriage in Australia
You can apply for her adjustment status after your marriage so she can become a legal permanent resident. If your Thai wife would like to continue working, she will have to secure another work permit once she applies for adjustment status.
She will have to comply with a lot of requirements, filling up application forms, attending a biometrics appointment for photographing and fingerprinting as well as an interview session accompanied by you, her Australian citizen sponsor.
She will be given a conditional permanent resident status for 2 years. After 2 years, both you and your Thai wife must file an application to lift her conditional status.
After that, she can apply for a permanent resident status after a 3-year continuous residence in Australia. Once she becomes an Australian citizen, she will be treated like any other citizen in the country with equal rights and opportunities for employment without additional documentary requirements compulsory for foreign nationals.
What is an Australian Holiday Visa and how will it benefit you and your fiancee?
An Australian Working Holiday Visa is issued to foreigners who would like to visit Australia both for vacation and work purposes. This visa allows the holders to enjoy their holiday while seeking and earning money from temporary or casual employment. Thais are among the nationals who can apply for this visa.
We are a matchmaking company that has built an internationally respected reputation for providing the highest quality dating services for Western guys seeking a long-term, committed relationship with a Thai woman.
We also host Dating Events where you can meet single, lovely and trustworthy Thai ladies who are also looking for genuine relationship.